WiFi is the best way to share your Android Smartphone Internet data with your friends and other devices. If you’re using unlimited INTERNET plan on your Smartphone, then your friends will always ask you to share your WiFi data with them. You can share your data without any issue but your friends demand will be increased day by day and one day it will headache problem for you. Because your friends will always ask you to share your password & enable your smartphone Wi-Fi Tethering feature to share Internet. And you can’t refuse their request. If you’ll change your password they will again ask you to give Wi-FI password.
So If you’re facing such as problem and want to control & protect your Wi-Fi Internet data without rejecting friends request here I’m sharing two easy ways with that you can easily make fool to your friends without changing your password.
Control WiFi Tethering Internet uses of an Android Smartphone.
You can control & protect your Smartphone WiFi Internet via two ways:
1. Set Maximum Connections Limit:
When you share your 2G, 3G, 4G LTE Internet Data via WiFi Hotspot. Your phone allows Maximum 7-8 Connections by default. That means Maximum 7-8 users can join your Android smartphone Internet. So you can change this limit to 2-3 users, and if your other friends have your Password then they will not be able to join your Smartphone Internet. So how to setup Maximum data users connections limit on Android devices.
- To setting up maximum connections limit Goto Smartphone Settings>More>Tethering and Portable devices>Wi-Fi hotspot.
- In the Wi-Fi hotspot tap on Set up Wi-Fi hotspot option.
- Now “Set up Wi-Fi hotspot” box will appear. here you’ll get Maximum connections in the last option. Choose maximum users eg: 1 or 2 or according to your need.
After setting-up Maximum Connections limit. Your phone will allow only 2 users to join your phone Internet. And When other friends will want to join, then their phone WiFi icon only blink but they’ll not be able to connect to your phone. Even when they have your WiFi password. This option is most usable because you can make fool to your friends by saying that their is problem in your smartphone.
2. Set Bandwidth Speed Limit:
This option is the most useful when you don’t want to set users connection limit. Bandwidth usage option can control speed of your WiFi shared INTERNET speed. So your friends can only use your allowed connection speed.
- To setting up Speed Limit on shared Internet go to Smartphone Settings>More>Tethering and Portable devices>Wi-Fi hotspot.
- In the Wi-Fi hotspot tap on Bandwidth usage option.
- Now in the Bandwidth usage tick the “Enable Bandwidth throttling” check box and set “Real-time data speed” according to your need. for example you can set limit 50 KBps. So your friends will not be able to get speed more than 50 KBps.
I hope this article will helpful.
- Share Android Smartphone Internet to PC-Laptop via Bluetooth.
- Howto Share Mobile Internet to PC-Laptop without WiFi Hotspot.
- How to protect an Android Device from Malware.
- Backup all android smartphone data with super backup app.