Free messaging service provider Hike launches new Hike Direct feature on 8 October 2015, Hike Direct allow you to chat & file share with your friends without internet. You can share stickers, transfer any types of large files (like photos, movies, videos, audios or others etc.) without the Internet because it uses WIFI, WIFI hotspot, WIFI Direct feature, which is already present in your smartphone. It works exactly like a file sharing apps like – Xender, Send Anywhere, Zapya, Shareit etc. So you can transfer big files over 1 GB easily. This feature works great in colleges, offices, bus & train trip because Hike Direct allows mobile devices to connect with one another directly within a 100 meter radius. According to Hike-“Files as large as 70MB can be sent in over 10 seconds,”. But we can’t say because it totally depend on your WIFI Hotspot or WIFI Direct device. Overall it is great feature for Hike lover, so how you can use Hike Direct feature…
First update your Hike to the latest version version 4.0.6 and above. Hike messenger also ask you to download latest version for Chat Without Internet feature.
If you don’t have Hike messenger app then download it-
How to connect Hike Direct?
Follow these steps-
- Tap on any contact with which you want to connect through Hike Direct.
- Now tap on top right corner of the Hike window.
- You will see a menu, tap on the Hike Direct.
- Now Hike Direct searching near by device.
- The same process repeated in your friend’s smartphone. When your search is complete then it automatically connect with your friends smartphone.
- This feature works only within a radius of 100 meters.
- To use Hike Direct option also ask your friend to tap on Hike Direct option from your chat.both you and your friend must turn on Hike Direct option into yours smartphone.
- As now, Hike Direct only works for 1 on 1 chats. It doesn’t work for group chats. Wait for future updates for group chatting.
Now you can use Hike Direct feature & Chat without internet..
Happy Free Chatting!