Data corruption is a pervasive issue in modern times, and often, when a disk or drive becomes corrupt due to a bad sector or a virus infection, people assume that the data is irretrievable. However, it is important to note that there are powerful data recovery software tools available that can effectively retrieve lost or corrupted data.
Data recovery software utilizes advanced algorithms to deeply scan drive sectors and recover data that was previously trapped between bad sectors. Even in cases where a virus has infected a drive or the disk has been formatted, data can often be retrieved with ease.
If you are in need of data recovery software for your Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11 or Mac PC, there are a variety of reliable options available in both free and paid versions. To help you choose the best option for your needs, we have compiled a list of the top 5 data recovery software tools for Windows and Mac computers.
- 5 Best Data Recovery Tool for Windows and Mac
- #1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- #2. Minitool Power Data Recovery
- #3. Stellar Data Recovery
- #4. Amigabit Data Recovery
- #5. Recuva
5 Best Data Recovery Tool for Windows and Mac
Data loss can be a significant setback, whether it is due to accidental deletion, a bad sector on a disk, or a virus infection. In such cases, one of the first courses of action is to look for a reliable Data Recovery Software that can help to restore lost data. However, with so many software options available on the internet, it can be challenging to determine which one is the most suitable for your needs.
Fortunately, after extensive testing, we have identified the best tools in the Data Recovery category. These software options stand out for their effectiveness, ease of use, and reliability. Whether you are dealing with minor data loss or a major disaster, these tools can help you recover lost data quickly and efficiently. So, without further ado, here are our top picks for the best Data Recovery Software tools available.
#1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one most dominant Data Recovery Software. It is only Data recovery tool which I’ll recommend you first. I tested this many times and the results were very good of recovered data. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard available in four variants Free, Pro, Pro + WinPE, and Technician.
Ease US Data Recovery Wizard Features:
- Data Recovery: Recovers formatted, deleted, inaccessible data from Memory Card, USB Drive, HDD, SSD, External Hard Drive or any other data storage device. Recover hidden, deleted, raw & lost partition.
- Files Recovery: Recovers almost all file types and extensions videos, audio, images, documents, emails, compressed files, etc.
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11, Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, and Mac PC.
- Other: You can Export the scanned results file for later use, View file before recovery, Deep Scan Recovery, etc.
Tha EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro + WinPE, and Technician version having only one benefits over Pro version. The Data Recover Pro + WinPE comes with “Bootable media for emergency” which allows you to Recover data even when PC doesn’t boot and Data Recovery Wizard Technician version is for those who give Data recovery technical services, so you can easily install the software on multiple systems without any violation. But If you want to use this tool for the personal purpose, then Data Recovery Wizard Free and Data Recovery Wizard Pro are enough.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free version includes all the feature of pro version, but it is limited to recover 2GB data. So this is very useful if you want to recover a significant file which is lost and the file size is under 2GB.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro enable extensive data recovery feature from any drive, so if you want to recover data more than 2gb data, then Pro version will be best.
|Get free version:||Save Free Version ⇓|
|EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro||Buy Pro Version »|
|EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac||Buy Mac Version|
#2. Minitool Power Data Recovery
Minitool Power Data Recovery is another potent Data recovery solution tool. It has some excellent handful recovery modules, that can be used in different data recovery conditions. It helps to recover data from Lost Partition, Damaged Partition, Digital Media, CD/DVD, and also useful for Deleted Files Recovery. It is one most easy to use data recovery software which allows recovery in just 1, 2, 3 steps. So You will not be confused even when using it.
Minitool Power Data Recovery Features:
- Recovery From Devices: Hard Drive, External Disk, USB Drive RAID, CD/DVD, Pen Drive, Micro Card, SSD (Solid State Drive), Other Storage devices.
- Files Recovery: Recovers almost all file types of Document, Image, Video, Audio, and Email.
- System Support: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11, Windows Server 2003, Server 2008 (R2), & Server 2012 and Mac.
- Others: File Preview, Deep Scan, Export Scanning Report.
It is available in four version free, Pro, Commercial, and Technician version. The Free edition of Minitool Power Data Recovery can recover only 1 GB data, So buy MiniTool Professional data recovery version to get unlimited data recovery solution.
|Get Free Version||Save Free Version ⇓|
|Minitool Power Data Recovery Wizard Personal||Buy Pro Version ⇓|
|Mac Data Recovery Wizard||Buy Mac Version ⇓|
#3. Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Windows Data Recovery is also another popular Data recovery software. You have 5 different data recovery choices in Stellar Windows Data Recovery including Standard, Pro, and Pro Plus, and It is also available for Mac PC. Every variant has extra functionality and features. So you can buy the best Data recovery version as apropos to your requirement.
But I’ll only recommend Standard, Pro, these will full filled your data recovery need. If you need additional data recovery software, then you can also buy the Pro+ or Premium version. For example, if you buy Windows Data Recovery Pro+ then you’ll get a software package of Windows Data Recovery Pro + Windows Password Recovery. Same the Stellar Windows Data Recovery Premium has the advantage of Windows Data Recovery Pro + Video Repair + Photo Repair.
Stellar Windows Data Recovery Features:
Stellar Windows Data Recovery profoundly scans the defected file system of the drive and helps to recover lost & deleted files. After doing the full scan, You can export the scanned report which can be used again later, in case of resume recovery of data.
- Data Recovery from Devices: Recovers Lost, Damaged & Deleted Data from Memory Cards, USB Flash Drive, Hard Drive, SSD, External Drive, CD-DVD & Other Storage (Please read our review to check the difference between Pro and Pro Plus version for supported devices).
- Files Recovery: Supports all file extensions & systems, so you can quickly get back your lost Audio, Video, Document, Image and Email files.
- Supported Systems: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10/11, and Mac Computer.
- Others Feature: To see more features check our review Stellar Windows Data Recovery Review.
|Stellar Windows Data Recovery Standard||Get Standard Version »|
|Stellar Windows Data Recovery Pro||Get Pro Version »|
|Stellar Mac Data Recovery Pro||Get Mac Version »|
#4. Amigabit Data Recovery
Amigabit Data recovery Pro is another excellent data recovery software which is built with simplicity. Hence, when you install the tool, you’ll feel that you know everything about the data recovery process. It comes with two secure recovery modules Standard Mode & Shortcut Mode. You can select Shortcut mode for faster file recovery.
Amigabit Data Recovery Features:
Amigabit Data Recovery professionally scans the deleted and lost files. And has several Stranded Mode Features including Fast Recovery, Format&Drive Recovery, Raw Data Recovery, and Resume Recovery (if you have previously exported Scanning report then it can be imported, and the file recovery can be started from the same stage).
- Data Recovery: Get back deleted, formatted & lost data from USB disk, External Hard Disk, SD Card, HDD, SSD, Other Media Storage, etc.
- Files System Support: You’ll get all file extensions and File System Support. Hence, you will not face any issue for recovering Video, Audio, Image, Document, and Email files.
- Support Systems: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista, Windows XP and Mac PC.
- Others: One Click Data Recovery feature. File Preview. Save Scan Report.
Amigabit Data Recovery is available in four variants: Free, Standard, Pro, Enterprise. The Free version allows you to recover at least 2GB of data. If you need more, then you can check Standard or Pro Version. The Amigabit Data Recovery Enterprise version is for technicians, who is doing the data recovery work and need to install Amigabit Data Recovery software on multiple systems.
|Amigabit Data Recovery Free||Get Free Version ⇓|
|Amigabit Data Recovery Pro (35% Discount)||GRAB THIS OFFER »|
|Amigabit Data Recovery Mac (35% Discount)||GRAB THIS OFFER »|
Check this: Amigabit Data Recovery Review.
Recuva is one of the top quality data recovery tools, now you too must have gone to the surprise, but it is true. The Recuva can quickly recover data from HDD, SSD, SD Card, CD-DVD, external drives and other media devices, etc. It is one best free tool for Hard Drive and Photo Recovery. The Recuva Data Recovery Software is currently only available for Windows. But hope, it will be available soon for Mac.
Recuva Data Recovery Features:
Here are some Recuva features, why I have included this software in our list:
- Data Recovery: Restore mistakenly deleted files back deleted & lost files from Solid State Drive, Hard Disk Drive, Micro SD Card, CD-DVD, External Drives and Other Media Devices, etc.
- Files System Support: Damaged & Formatted File System Recovery, support mostly file extension, Feel free recovers Video, Audio, Image, Document, and Email files.
- Supported Systems: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/Windows 2000, etc.
- Others: Securely Delete files, Preview of the file before recovery, Deep scanning feature.
In conclusion, I have presented five of the best Data Recovery Software tools that I have personally tested and found to be effective in recovering lost data. However, before making a purchase, I strongly recommend that you try the free version of each tool to ensure that it meets your requirements. By testing each tool, you can determine which one offers the best recovery results for your specific needs. Additionally, it is worth noting that all of the tools listed above are available in both free and paid versions, which eliminates any confusion that may arise when making a purchase decision. So, take advantage of the free versions, and choose the Data Recovery Software tool that works best for you.