A jumpthrow config helps CS:GO players to throw a smoke grenade with increased accuracy and distance by jumping and throwing at the same time. A specific key will be bind to the “jumpthrow” command, which allows the player to jump and throw the grenades at the accurate time.
This is commonly used technique which allows players to throw smokes into specific areas or spots on the map, such as over walls or through windows. And you will never miss any grenade by mistake and will go to the exact place where your doing it.
So, if you want to use jumpthrow.cfg into the CS:GO game follow the complete steps described below:
Create a Jump.cfg file
To Create Jumpthrow config file follow the steps below:
- Open Notepad and add following lines in a new file:
alias "+jumpthrow" "+jump;-attack"; alias "-jumpthrow" "-jump"; bind alt "+jumpthrow"
- Now save the file and give the file name as: jump.cfg
Note: By default we have bind alt key for jumpthrow, if you like to use another simply replace it with alt.
Or If you want to use pre created Jump Throw config then download it from here:
Add and Activate “Jump + Throw” config into CS:GO
As you have created or downloaded jump.cfg file, now you need to add and activate jumpthrow using below steps:
1- Add Jump Throw config to CS:GO
- First Copy the jump.cfg file because you will need to place it inside the CS:GO config folder.
- Now Go to Steam installation folder (If you have not changed the installation path then by default it is ‘C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam’) ⇒ Open ‘userdata‘.
- Inside the userdata you will see your steam account id folder (It is the Steam ID3). If you are using multiple Steam accounts, there will be multiple steam id’s. So you will need to open current steam id folder. If you are not sure what is your Steam ID3 then read > this.
- In the Steam ID3 folder, click on the ‘730’ folder.
- Next open the ‘local’ folder and go inside the ‘cfg’ folder, right click and paste the jump.cfg file.
You have successfully placed jumpthrow configuration file inside the CS:GO config folder.
2- Jump Throw Bind CS:GO
After adding the jump.cfg file you will need to load jumpthrow key bind in CS:GO to do this start the CS:GO game and open the CS:GO Console. Inside the Console enter the following command:
Now configuration file will start working and you can jumpthrow grenades by using alt key.
Note: This is not permanent solution because you will need to enter exec jump command everytime when start CS:GO. To make it permanent use below method:
3- Jump Throw Bind CS:GO Permanently
Open Steam and right click on the Counter Strike Global Offensive game and choose Properties. In the Properties, you will see GENERAL option, here inside the LAUNCH OPTIONS box paste the following code:
Now close the Properties and start the game, please note that first time you still need to execute following in console:
exec jump and after that just forget about it and enjoy.
That’s it! if you need any assistance please leave a message in the comment box.