WIFI Technology holds great importance in our lives. WiFi technology has made human life much faster and easier, something we couldn’t have imagined just 10 years ago. Today, every smartphone, laptop, and other devices come equipped with this technology, allowing us to connect two or more devices to share internet data at speeds of up to 250Mbps, which is 10 times faster than Bluetooth technology.
However, when we consider connecting WiFi-enabled devices to our personal computers (PCs), we often face a challenge because our older PCs don’t have a built-in WiFi adapter. While this issue is being addressed by many companies adding WiFi adapters to motherboards, older PCs or new PCs without this feature still require a solution. Here, I’m going to share a few devices that can help convert your non-WiFi PC into a WiFi-enabled zone.
Convert a non-WiFi PC to WiFi enabled.
Before purchasing a product, you need to understand the purpose for which you want to buy WiFi adapters. There are two purposes: (i) Personal and (ii) Business.
(i) For Personal use:
If you want to use a WiFi network adapter for internet sharing purposes, such as sharing your smartphone internet with your PC or vice versa, consider buying the USB adapter:
“Leoxsys LEO-NANO150N 802.11n 150Mbps Wireless N US Mini Nano Network Adapter”
The LEOXSYS USB Wireless Adapter is a compact utility that makes your non-WiFi PC WiFi-enabled. This small-sized adapter supports speeds of up to 150Mbps, making it a good choice for personal use if you don’t have a higher-speed connection.
- Supported speed up to 150Mbps.
- Input Type USB.
- Receive or share WiFi Internet.
- Your PC can work as Workstation.
- Device Range between 10 to 15 meters.
- Faster Transmission
- Stronger Gain Supports 64/128-bit WEP and also complies with 128 bit WPA Standard (TKIP/AES).
- Supported for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10/11, MAC OS, Android OS.
- Compatible with 802.11 b/g/n Devices.
Read more about: How to share your PC internet via Leoxsys 11n wireless utility
(ii) For Business Purpose.
The Leoxsys LEO-NANO150N is a good option for a single room as it performs best within a 10-meter range. However, if you plan to use it in a larger building, it may not be suitable. In such cases, you may need to invest in a more advanced WiFi device.
The Netgear AC1200 is a high-speed dual-band USB 3.0-supported WiFi adapter. Equipped with a high-gain antenna, it offers improved and faster performance compared to other USB 2.0 devices. If your Windows-based PC lacks wireless connectivity options, this device allows you to connect your PC to other WiFi-enabled devices such as notebooks, desktop computers, and smartphones on an 11ac network. With this adapter, you can achieve lag-free performance and support multiple HD streams. It is compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n and ac devices. The NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi USB adapter also features simple software installation.
“Netgear AC1200 Wi-Fi USB Adapter High Gain Dual Band USB 3.0 (A6210-100PAS)”
- Powerful WiFi Network range and great performance.
- Compatible with USB 2.0 & USB 3.0.
- Ultimate gain antennas for better performance.
- Comes with Netgear Push ‘N’ Connect technology, which secures connection at the push of a button.
- Easy NETGEAR genie desktop app setup.
- Compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n and ac devices.
- Supports Windows Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10/11 PC, currently not supported Mac OS.
If these devices are not available at your location, consider exploring other alternatives. The Leoxsys 150Mbps Wireless USB Adapter is sufficient for home users who only want to share internet data between their PC and other devices. Try it yourself; it will be a great utility for your non-WiFi PC.