When you Enable Developer Options on your Android Smartphone, then it increases the functionality of your Android Phone. As its name is, the Developer options are mainly used by Android Developers but few choices in it, also necessary for regular users. Such one option is USB Debugging. So if you’re an Android Oreo 8.0 user, and want to enable, or completely disable the Developer Options on Android Oreo.
Enable Developer Options
On the Previous version of Android, you could enabled and disabled Developer Option using this way Developers-Options-on-Android-Old-version, and now the option has been moved to another location. So you can enable the Developer Options on Android Oreo 8.0 via the following approach:
- Go to Smartphone Settings, and tap on the last option “System.” In the System, tap on the “About emulated device” (Or similar option). Now in the About section tap 5-10 times on the “Build number.”
- After taping on 5-10 times, you’ll see a notification “You are now a developer!”. It means the “Developer Options” have been enabled on your Phone. Now tap on “Back” button, and you will come again in the “System,” here you’ll get Developer Options, to go inside this tap on the Developer Option.
If you want to Turn Off Developer options, then you’ll need just to Turn off toggle button, which is available at the top right section in the Developer Options. Or for complete removal use below method.
Completely Disable Developer Options
For complete removal of Developer options on Android Oreo, you’ll need to Reset Data of “Settings.” So be careful because it will remove all existing Settings for Android Phone, eg.: Phone Brightness, Ringtone, Security Password, etc. But for hiding Developer Options you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Go Smartphone Settings >> Apps & Notifications >> App info, and find the “Settings” from the list and tap on it. In the Settings info page tap on the “Storage.” Once you come in the Storage tab on the “CLEAR DATA“ button and a “Delete app data?” confirmation box will appear on the phone screen, tap on “OK” to confirm the deletion Settings data.
- Now Android Phone Settings has been successfully cleared, and Developers options are also automatically hidden from the Settings. So again manage your Phone Settings as according to your need and start using your Phone without Developer Options.
You May Also Like:
- How to Manage App Permissions on Android Oreo 8.0
- Reset default apps on Android Oreo 8.0 & Nougat 7.1.1?
- Language and Input (Keyboard) Settings on Android Oreo 8.0.