In my previous post, I explained that how to find & Cancel Pending sent friends request. In this post, I will talk about How to merge pages or multiple pages. When I started the blog, the name of my blog was blogeasypcsoft.com. But the name did not suit my passion. Therefore, the new domain purchased in 8 months, and my old blog shifted to the new domain pcmobitech.com. When I shifted my blog to pcmobitech.com, My most social media page names were on blogeasypcsoft. I changed the name of the Facebook page. But page URL was blogeasypcsoft. Which did not match the name of the website?
The reason I tried to change the URL of the page, but page URL can change only once. Then I created a new page, and after some time when the page has received some likes, then I have to change the URL of the page name. But on my old page had 148 likes. So I tried to merge with the old page to the new, but the error was coming again & again, after persistent efforts, I have successfully merged my Facebook pages. Now my new Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pcmobitech has total 168 page likes. Yuppie!, So Today I am sharing this process with you.
Before the merge page, you will need to know:
- All likes of your Pages and any check-ins will be combined into your page that you want to keep.
- The Page you want to keep will remain unchanged, except for the addition of people who like the Page and check-ins that were merged from the other Page.
- Posts, photos, reviews, ratings and the username will be deleted from the Page you merge.
- The Page you merge will be removed, and you can’t undo this merged process.
Before doing merge comply your both pages on following points:
- First, make sure the pages you are going to merge must have same Page admin and if you have recently made changes to page admin then make sure page admin must be a week old otherwise your pages can not be merged.
- Make sure your both Pages that you’re going to merge represent the similar name and thing. Before you could merge different name pages but in new facebook policy, the pages you want to merge both have the same name. Eg: I have two pages name PCMOBITECH 1 and PCMOBITECH 2, These can be easily merged but if I want to merge PCMOBITECH to BloggingGlobal then Facebook will not allow you to do this change because both page audiences are different.
- Your pages must have similar place/category. Before merging both pages, Do changes in page category and make them similar to each other. Go to your page URL and click on About option which will available on left section and click on the “Edit” link.
- Along with these also make sure all other information on About page should be matched to each other.
How to merge Two Facebook pages?
If you have read above t&c and agree with them. To merge two pages Go to this page.
- Select your Page from the first drop-down menu, which you want to keep.
- From the second drop-down menu select the page that you want to merge. (This page and all Likes will be merged in above page you have selected from the first drop-down menu and after merge process, the page you have selected from the second drop-down menu will be deleted automatically.)
- Now Click on Merge Pages button.
Follow all on screen instruction & your pages will be successfully merged.
How to Merge multiple pages?
Update: Due to new Facebook page merging policy multiple pages can’t be merged. So now below process will not work.
Mostly time, the page does not merge and an error appears on the screen “These Pages can’t be merged because their names aren’t similar”. That means you are trying to merge the two pages, are some differences among them. Therefore the pages are not merged. So you will find out that they differ. If you still are trying to merge these pages, click on the contact support link.
Or you can directly go on Request Merge Your Duplicate pages >>Click here to go<<
- On this page tick the I have read and understand the above information checkbox.
- Now select the Page that you want to keep from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the page tick the acknowledgment check box.
- Select page from the drop-down menu page 1 that you want to merge. You can also merge multiple pages at once just select all pages (Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5) from the drop-down menu.
Note: these pages (Page 1 Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5) and likes will be merged into the page which you have selected from the menu under the I have read and understood the above information checkbox.
- After selecting click on Send button.
Now Your request has been successfully sent to Facebook. Wait for few moment & you will receive a confirmation message for your request. Here you can also cancel merge request if you don’t want to merge pages or you have accidentally requested. Otherwise, leave it & wait for more sometimes.
After sometimes you will receive a confirmation message that your page has been successfully merged.
That’s it! Now you have successfully merged your pages.
Please Subscribe my blog.
- How to find & Cancel Pending sent friends request facebook.
- How to remove Credit card info from Facebook