Did you forget your 4 digits ATM Card/Debit Card/Credit Card PIN or want a new Debit card/Credit card PIN, but don’t know how to do this. Don’t worry it is a common problem and happens with all of us in our life. If you have forgotten the PIN password or want to change with a new PIN. So here I’ll tell you 5 ways with that you can change Debit card/ Credit card PIN or can get a new PIN.
Why & When you’ll need to change Debit/Credit card PIN?
First, you will need to understand, Why do you need to change the card PIN? It must because every time when you do online shopping or purchase any product from the local shop using ATM, Debit or Credit card. Then you will need to enter your Card PIN to pay the money to the merchant. And day by day if you don’t change the card PIN, then one day it may be possible your card PIN Stolen. Just let me tell you how it is possible:
- You are doing online shopping using a computer or a smartphone. If your Computer or Smartphone is infected with Malware (Virus), So chances are that your card information can be stolen. because if the device is infected then hacker’s can easily install a script on your device and can capture your keystroke. And the information can be sent via INTERNET without your knowledge.
- If you are making transactions in local shop using your card, then keep yourself secure from CCTV cameras because today many shopkeepers using high-quality digital cameras and they can easily see what you are entering in the swipe machines and if they have seen your card number as well then they can easily steal your money, and you will not understand who has stolen your money.
But for the better security if you change the debit/credit card frequently within the 1 month. Then nobody can steal your money by hacking your card PIN.
- 10 Debit Card Safety Tips.
- How to lock-Unlock ATM/Debit Card and Credit card?
- How to change Punjab National Bank ATM/Debit Card PIN online.
How to Generate ATM/Debit card/Credit card PIN
So if you have any problem with your existing PIN such as You have forgotten the ATM/Debit/Credit card PIN and want to generate another PIN. Or secondly, you know your existing PIN & want to change your Card PIN because of security reason. Then you can get a new Card PIN via following ways:
1. Internet Banking
Today, mostly bank offer Internet Banking facility and some special features, one of which Debit and credit card online PIN generate. so if you have Internet Banking facility then check the Debit Card/Credit card Generate PIN online option in Internet Banking account. If you don’t know about the feature is available or not in your Internet Banking then you can search “reset bank name card PIN with Internet Banking”. And you will get all steps how to reset/generate card PIN using your Internet Banking account.
Internet Banking facility is also helpful when you have forgotten the Card PIN then you will just need to login to your account and generate a new PIN. And you will need to verify your information. After the verification, your password will be changed.
2. Mobile Banking App
Just like Internet Banking facility, all the banks also provide their Mobile Banking app. This app contains all the Internet Banking features and also has Generate Debit Card/Credit card PIN option. So if you are using your Bank provided Mobile Banking app then you can check the available option in your Banking app.
This is a most popular way and non Internet users can easily change their PIN using ATM Machine. So for this just go to your bank ATM and insert card, choose change Card PIN option. Enter your existing PIN and create a new PIN & verify it. And after this, your card PIN will be changed.
4. SMS Banking
If you have registered with SMS Banking. Then you can change your Card PIN using your bank SMS Banking facility. For SMS banking every bank offers a number where you can send bank provided codes and can change your card PIN with ease. To get SMS Banking codes for your bank then search in Google “SMS Banking codes Bank Name“.
5. Bank Branch
If above 4 solutions is not working for you, then the Bank Branch can only help. And for this, you’ll need to contact to your Bank Branch. Go to your bank and fill the applicable application form, attach an ID Proof & Photo and after that submit your form to customer care representative. Bank will give you another PIN in a packed envelope and your problem will be solved.