How to use Card block / unblock feature?
- Don’t have iMobile then download it first, Download or update the latest iMobile app from >>Google Play Store.
- After download activates it. Read this:- how to activate iMobile app.
- If your smartphone is already installed iMobile then login to your iMobile app. On the main Screen, tap on SmartKeys & Services option.
- Now in the SmartKeys & Services tap on Card Services option. Now Follow the points below now:
ICICI Bank Debit Card Blocking-
- Now in “Card Services” tap on “Block/Unblock Debit Card” option.
- In the “Select Card Type” option, select the debit card.
- Now in the “Select Action You Want to Perform” option, select the Block option.
- From “Select Account No.” option, select your account.
- In the “Block Type” option, select option Permanent or Temporary.
Note:- Here that you will need to pay attention because if you selected card block to permanent option then your card will be locked for forever. If you got back your card then it will not be unblocked. So keep in mind that Temporary option choosing here would be much better. Because when you got back your card, then later you can unlock again with unblocking debit card option.
- In “Remarks (optional)” You can fill here some information about why you want to block the card.
- Then tap on the “Submit” button.
ICICI Bank Credit card Blocking-
- In “Card Services” tap on “Block Credit Card” option.
- “Select Card Type” select the Credit card.
- “Action You Want to Perform” option from the block will be selected automatically.
- “Select Account No.” Select your credit card account-related.
- “Block Type” will be selected automatically permanent.
- Now from the “Reason” option select Lost or Stolen.
- “Remarks (optional)” You can fill here some information about why you want to block the card.
- Finally, tap on the “Submit” button.
Note: You have a credit card & want to blocked with iMobile. If you get back your credit card in the future. then will not be able to unlock it again with iMobile. Now your debit or credit card has been blocked. And no one will be able to use it.
How to unblock an ICICI Bank debit card
When you get back your debit card. Then can unblock it again with the help of iMobile app. Follow these point to unblock debit card.
- In Card Services tap on “Block/Unblock Debit Card” option.
- “Select Card Type” select debit cards.
- “Select Action You Want to Perform” Select Unblock option.
- “Select Account No.”, select your account.
- “Select Card Numer”, Select your Debit Card.
- “Remarks (optional)” You can fill here some information about why you want to Unblock the card.
- After the tap on “Submit” button.
Unblock Debit Card using IVR (Customer Care)
If you can’t unblock your Debit Card with the iMobile app, then it can be unblocked via Customer Care number. You’ll need to call to customer care number with your bank registered mobile number and follow the steps below:
- Call to Customer Care number and you’ll listen IVR (Interactive voice response). It will ask you to select your preferred language by pressing 1 or 2, it will select your language.
- After selecting language, when it ask for press ‘0‘ (Zero) for unblocking your card then press ‘0’ and later press 2 for unblocking your card.
- Now, it will ask you to enter your 16 digits card number, which is print on the front of the card. Enter it and when it ask for confirmation press 1.
- If you have called from your registered bank mobile number and entered correct blocked card, next, it will ask you to verify your Debit Card Valid Thru/Expiry Date. So if your card is expiring on 06/24 then you will need to enter 0624.
- After entering Card Expiry date, It will ask you to verify your DOB (Date Of Birth) and suppose your DOB is 05/02/1986, then you can enter your date 05021986.
- If you followed all above steps correctly your debit card will be activated immediately.
If it is still not activating, you should contact to your bank branch or you can apply for a new debit card via ICICI Internet Banking Service. If you don’t know about your circle ICICI Customer Care Number, then please check here.
You May Also Like:
- How to Activate ICICI Bank Pockets App
- How to use BHIM App & transfer Money to others account.
- What is the Safest Payment Method for Purchasing Products Online?
- Reset Smartphone after Locking with Applock app.
Thanks for reading!
Please share it with others.