ICICI Bank consistently prioritizes the security of its users, regularly updating both its online banking system and mobile banking apps. Recently, ICICI Bank made several changes to its mobile banking app, iMobile, including the addition of various security features. One notable feature is the Card Block/Unblock option, which proves invaluable if your credit card or debit card is lost or stolen. With the iMobile Block/Unblock Debit Card feature, you can conveniently block your debit card or credit card from anywhere. This ensures that if someone comes into possession of your credit card or debit card, they will be unable to misuse it. Moreover, the iMobile app includes a Card Unblocking feature, allowing you to unblock your card when it is retrieved in the future.
Table of Contents
How to use Card block / unblock feature?
- Don’t have iMobile then download it first, Download or update the latest iMobile app from >>Google Play Store.
- After download activates it. Read this:- how to activate iMobile app.
- If your smartphone is already installed iMobile then login to your iMobile app. On the main Screen, tap on SmartKeys & Services option.
- Now in the SmartKeys & Services tap on Card Services option. Now Follow the points below now:
ICICI Bank Debit Card Blocking-
- Now in “Card Services” tap on “Block/Unblock Debit Card” option.
- In the “Select Card Type” option, select the debit card.
- Now in the “Select Action You Want to Perform” option, select the Block option.
- From “Select Account No.” option, select your account.
- In the “Block Type” option, select option Permanent or Temporary.
Note: Pay close attention here. If you select the “Card Block to Permanent” option, your card will be permanently locked. Once you retrieve your card, it cannot be unblocked. Therefore, it is advisable to choose the “Temporary” option. This way, when you recover your card, you can later unlock it using the debit card unblocking option.
- In “Remarks (optional)” You can fill here some information about why you want to block the card.
- Then tap on the “Submit” button.
ICICI Bank Credit card Blocking-
- In “Card Services” tap on “Block Credit Card” option.
- “Select Card Type” select the Credit card.
- “Action You Want to Perform” option from the block will be selected automatically.
- “Select Account No.” Select your credit card account-related.
- “Block Type” will be selected automatically permanent.
- Now from the “Reason” option select Lost or Stolen.
- “Remarks (optional)” You can fill here some information about why you want to block the card.
- Finally, tap on the “Submit” button.
Note: If you have a credit card and wish to block it with iMobile, please be aware that if you retrieve your credit card in the future, you will not be able to unlock it again using iMobile. Your debit or credit card has now been blocked, and no one will be able to use it.
How to unblock an ICICI Bank debit card
When you get back your debit card. Then can unblock it again with the help of iMobile app. Follow these point to unblock debit card.
- In Card Services tap on “Block/Unblock Debit Card” option.
- “Select Card Type” select debit cards.
- “Select Action You Want to Perform” Select Unblock option.
- “Select Account No.”, select your account.
- “Select Card Numer”, Select your Debit Card.
- “Remarks (optional)” You can fill here some information about why you want to Unblock the card.
- After the tap on “Submit” button.
Unblock Debit Card using IVR (Customer Care)
If you can’t unblock your Debit Card using the iMobile app, it can be unblocked via the Customer Care number. Please follow the steps below:
- Call the Customer Care number using your bank registered mobile number and listen to the Interactive Voice Response (IVR). It will prompt you to select your preferred language by pressing 1 or 2.
- After selecting your language, when it prompts for unblocking your card, press ‘0’ (Zero), and then press 2 for unblocking your card.
- Enter your 16-digit card number when prompted (found on the front of the card). When it asks for confirmation, press 1.
- If you have called from your registered bank mobile number and entered the correct blocked card information, it will ask you to verify your Debit Card Valid Thru/Expiry Date. For example, if your card is expiring on 06/24, enter 0624.
- After entering the Card Expiry date, it will prompt you to verify your Date of Birth (DOB). If your DOB is 05/02/1986, enter it as 05021986.
- If you have followed all the above steps correctly, your debit card will be activated immediately.
If your card is still not activating, please contact your bank branch, or you can apply for a new debit card via ICICI Internet Banking Service. If you are unsure about your circle’s ICICI Customer Care Number, please check here.
Thanks for reading!
Please share it with others.