When we purchase a new Android Device (Smartphone or Tablet). If we want to use all Android features and Google apps or services (eg: Android Device Manager, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Play Services, Play Movies & TV, Play Music, Play Games, Gmail app, Google+, Hangout, Maps, Backup & Restore etc.), a Google Account must compulsory.
But when we want to replace this ID with another Google account id or want to sell your phone to others, Then we need to remove the Google Account id. If you have come here to know, how to remove and signout Google account from an Android device. Here I’ll tell that how you can easily sign out Google Account and remove Gmail ID from Android 5.0 Lollipop or above version devices.
How to Logout a Google Account from Android 5.0+:
If you are using 5.0 Lollipop or above Android version then follow the steps below to Signout Google account from Android device.
- Goto Android smartphone Settings.
- In the smartphone Settings, tap on Account option.
- In the Accounts tap on Google account.
- Now tap to choose your Gmail account, which you want to sign-out (Logout) from your Android device.
- Now you’re in Sync (Synchronous), To remove this Google/Gmail account from the device
- Tap on the top right 3 dotted menus.
- A menu will appear, now choose “Remove account” option. If any confirmation box appears then confirm “Remove account” to logout and remove Google Account from the device.
Now you have been successfully Signout Google account from Android Device.
Signout Google account from Android 4.4 or below:
If you are using an older version of Android smartphone eg: Android KitKat 4.4, Jelly Bean 4.3, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 etc.. follow the process below:
- Go to Smartphone Settings>>tap Google available below the Account>>Now in the Google account tap on Gmail id, which you want to remove>>Now you are in Sync, tap on the top right 3 dot menu and choose to Remove account to signout Google account from Android device.
I hope this post will be helpful for you.
2 thoughts on “How to Signout Google Account from Android 5.0+.”
On my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, running Android 5.0, there is no three-dot symbol in the upper-right corner. I finally found that tapping the Menu Key reveals the “Remove Account” option.
Sorry for this, All the Android Phone doesn’t have same features because many phone developers use custom made ui instead of pure Android.