The most preferably used communication tools these days are Video Chatting Apps. They are quite simple, personalized, and helpful to speak with your friends, family, and companions. With the booming presence of video calling apps, interactions with individuals from around the globe have become alleviated like never before.
Even at the time of lockdown, these video chatting apps are being one of the most useful means of conducting personal as well as professional conversations.
What’s more, with regards to video-chatting apps, you have plenty of alternatives to pick from. Here in this post, we will cover some of the best video chat apps 2023 for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS (iPhone) and many other platforms-
10 best Video Chatting Apps and Pros and Cons
Skype is one of the most popular video-chatting apps. You can use it to make free video calls to other Skype accounts. With this, you will also get texts and document sharing with the utmost ease.
Skype likewise permits month-to-month membership services or per minute charge to put Skype to phone calls. Some of the notable pros and cons of this video chatting app are-
- Screen sharing choices.
- Simple to install.
- Dependable Service with 24/7 service.
- Group calls.
- Paid memberships for Skype are cost-effective.
- Safe calling experience.
- No access to emergency services.
- No language translation.
- Sound characteristics on Skype depending on bandwidth.
- In 2007, Skype endured a 48-hour blackout. That could generally happen once more.
- The data that is transmitted over Skype could be hacked.
Free for video chatting.
Google Duo is one of the latest web video calling applications for you. This one is an option in exchange for Google Hangouts which was another comparable application by Google.
However, in this one, you will feel a tremendous upgrade than Hangouts application for Android and IOS. Let us have a look at some of the notable pros and cons of this video calling app from Google.
- It is made for both Android and iOS gadgets.
- It offers 720p top-notch video calling to the entirety of its clients for completely free.
- It has been planned for giving great video calls to individuals with low internet speed.
- Its knock-knock highlight allows you to have a preview of individuals attempting to get in touch with you.
- It is directly connected to your number and hence, you can without much of a stretch do the video call to somebody in your contacts list.
- It lets you leave a message if an individual can’t get your call.
- Not utilized by numerous individuals.
- Can just help iOS and Android.
- You can’t send a text message or make a voice call.
- You can’t utilize Google Duo on different gadgets.
Android 4.1 or later, iOS 9.0 or later.
Free for video chatting.
Now, the third spot is a voice over IP (VoIP) and the cross-platform instant texting application Viber is. This was launched in the year 2010 and it is still considered one of the very useful video chatting apps.
From that very year, this video calling app has become a very mainstream application. Currently, it enjoys 800+ million enlisted clients. Some of the crucial pros and cons of Viber are-
- Easy to work.
- Can be utilized for voice calling, video calling, and SMS.
- It is free.
- Video and voice quality is acceptable.
- Dedicated developer team.
- Reports of bugs in the application.
- No call blocking choice.
- The quality gets decreased if the Wi-Fi or 3G association is frail.
iOS, Android, Windows: 7, 8, 10, Mac: OSX 10.12 and above, Linux: Ubuntu 64 bit, Fedora.
Free for video chatting.
With IMO, you get one of the most conspicuous video calling applications that come with some amazing feature sets. A portion of the highlights include its installation file that is quite low in size, plus it also has low cache file sizes.
It also offers chat support along with huge sticker listings. You will get top-notch video quality, group chat support along with personalized control as well. Let us now have a look upon some of the key pros and cons of this video chat app-
- Opt for this one to make the top of the line video and voice calls.
- It will encrypt all your calls and hence ensure privacy to your calls.
- You will get thousands of stickers with this one.
- Offer group chat highlights.
- It utilizes a lot of battery.
- Lacks professional touch.
- Any unknown can be added to its contact list.
Android, Windows, iOS, Mac.
Free for video chatting.
The quest for best video chatting apps has now come to Facebook Messenger that permits you to use do messaging and video chat without even accessing the Facebook social network.
Such features make it a lot simpler to connect with the people even on different mobile devices. Some of the notable pros and cons of this video calling app are-
- It makes it quicker to video chat.
- It also lets you text or does voice calls.
- You can also use it for collaboration.
- Absolute ease in sending and receiving messages.
- Professional features to use messenger for business.
- It’s hard to ensure your privacy.
- It can rapidly deplete the battery of your gadget.
- It occupies a great deal of your phone space.
- Its terms and conditions include recording audio at any time.
Android, iOS, Windows 10.
Free for video chatting.
6-Google Hangout Or Google Meet
With this one, you will get a business-oriented adaptation of Google’s Hangouts platform. Google Hangout (Meet) is appropriate for businesses of all things considered.
It permits clients to dial-in telephone numbers to get to meetings, along these lines helping clients enjoy video chat with a moderate internet connection.
It is a video chatting app in the Web and Video Conferencing classification of a tech stack. Some of the key pros and cons of Google Hangout (Meet) are-
- Best for casual video chat.
- Includes images, gifs, and emoticons.
- It’s free.
- Available on any platform.
- Exceptionally simple to set up and use.
- Spotless and instinctive interface.
- The interface is easy to use.
- Easy to add and remove contacts.
- File sharing isn’t the best.
- A bad connection can be frustrating and time waster.
- All message history can be searched in Gmail.
Android, Chrome OS, iOS, Google Chrome or any browser compatible with Google Chrome Extensions, Web platform.
Free for video chatting and $5 for 30 GB of storage.
Zoom is one of the top-rated video chatting apps for your personal as well as professional use.
With this one, you will get a steady client experience. It has superb tools that are improved to work in a personalized manner. Because of easy usability, and solid video conferencing software, Zoom is highly rated for different types of businesses.
It was introduced in 2011, and since then, it has been effective to such an extent that it has pulled in prominent brands like Rakuten, Slack, Dropbox, GoDaddy, Uber, Pandora, and Box. Some of the notable pros and cons of this video chatting app are-
- Video calling with automatic adjustment and no buffering.
- Audio calling.
- Conference calls as it can bring in 10+ parties.
- Screen sharing.
- Glaring problems of security and privacy.
- Video lagging and no clarity in low internet connection.
- Mobile app for iOS has poor audio quality.
- Some voice lags occur.
iPhone App, iPad App, and Android App.
Personal meeting free, $14.99/mo/host for small teams, $19.99 /mo/host for small & Med business, and large enterprises.
By opting for WhatsApp as your video chatting app, you will unquestionably opt for one of the most common chat applications around the world.
It is considered highly convenient for sending messages, doing video or audio calls, sharing recordings, documents, files, or pictures. You can also use the WhatsApp Business app to enjoy its incredible and customized business features.
You can also broadcast messages on WhatsApp. It lets you email your chats, plus you will also enjoy end to end encryption with this one. Some of the notable pros and cons of this video chatting app are-
- It is ultra-simple to utilize.
- It doesn’t trouble the clients with steady advertisements.
- The video call quality is good.
- End to end encryption offers the needed privacy.
- WhatsApp marketing also offers a good marketing opportunity.
- You can use it on the web or PC as well.
- You will get fewer features in WhatsApp on the web.
- Size limit for sharing files.
- Any person having your contact number can see your profile picture in WhatsApp.
iOS, Android, Mac or Android PC.
With Tango as your video chatting app, you will get some of the excellent video calling highlights.
It is quite useful for making free video calls, free voice calls, or for sending free text messages. Let us have a look upon its pros and cons now-
- Easy to download and install.
- The video and voice quality is amazing.
- It is a free application.
- Easy switching between video and voice calls.
- At low bandwidth, there can be lagging while using for both video and voice calls.
- The text chat is not possible.
- Unavailability of calls for the non-Tango users.
Line Video Chatting App offers multi-platform support and it is considered quite good for global calls.
You can opt for this one to enjoy video calls along with messages and voice calls. It also comes up with fun and easy-to-use social networking features, plus it will be automatically synced to all devices and PC.
Some of the notable pros and cons of Line Video Chat App are-
- Lets you make the international call via Line Out.
- It is quite simple to use.
- Video calling is fun on LinkedIn.
- Lets you stay informed with LINE official accounts.
- Sometimes app gets bloated with useless mini-apps and features.
- UI time and again becomes a mess to use.
- It may crash unexpectedly.
Android, iOS, MacOS, Chrome Web.
Final Thoughts about best Video Chatting Apps!
So, that was our pick of 10 best-rated video chatting apps in 2023. We mostly tried to cover their key functional features and all our efforts were to update you about the applicability of best video calling apps.
Now, it is your turn to tell us about your experience of using these video chatting apps? Did we miss any of the key video calling apps that you consider best for your calling needs?