We always prefer to buy an Android phone over the iPhone. Due to less price and user friendly OS. But the Android phone battery doesn’t perform as well perform an iPhone Battery. Now Android phones are coming with the 3000 mAh to 6000 mAh battery capacity but can not give similar performance as we can get in latest iPhone 7 Plus with only 2900 mAh Battery. Keeping the battery problem in Android Operating System, a Battery Saver feature has been also included in the Android 5.0 Lollipop or above version. Android Battery Saver can help you when you want to save the battery power.
For example: you are going to a tour and can’t charge your phone battery when you are moving one place to another place. So you can turn on Battery Saver option and the Battery saver will help you to optimize the battery performance. By default this feature is disabled and you will need to setup Battery Saver before the use. So how to setup and use Android Battery saver feature in Android 5.0 Lollipop, Android 6.0 Marsh Mallow and Android 7.0 Nougat.
Enable and Save Android Smartphone Battery with Battery Saver.
To improve the Android phone Battery life follow the steps below:
- Go to Smartphone Settings.
- Under the Device section tap on Battery option.
- Now in the Battery tap on top right 3 dot menu and then tap on Battery saver option.
- In the Battery Saver when you want to Turn On Battery Saver then it can’t be enabled. So if you want to enable this feature then first you’ll need to setup battery power saving mode, how much power you want to save with Android Battery Saver. To setting this power saving limit tap on Never option available below the Turn on automatically option.
- Now tap to select one option at 5% battery or at 15% battery.
- After the selection tap on toggle button to enable Battery saver. As soon as you will turn it on then it will decrease your Phone performance, as you have selected in Battery saving settings (5% or 15%). So it will reduce the CPU performance, screen brightness, disable WiFi & Hotspot, Disable Background Data, Vibration and System animation etc.
- After the turn on Battery Saver, you will feel the device and apps are performing slower than normal mode. So if you want normal phone speed in Battery Saver mode then in the Battery saver tap on Balanced Mode option available below the CPU Usage and select Performance Mode radio button from the menu.
- But in the Performance Mode, You can’t save much battery as it can be saved in Balanced Mode.
Note: In the Android Marsh Mallow 6.0 “CPU Usage” option has been replaced with Battery Optimisation feature, which can optimize the battery performance much better than Android 5.0 Lollipop CPU Usage option. So if you are using Android 6.0 MarshMallow or Android 7.0 Nougat then if you feel your apps are also performing lower than the normal or to much slower. Then in the Battery when you will tap on top right 3 dot menu, you will see a new Battery Optimisation option. So tap on Battery Optimisation and choose Not optimize. You can also select here which app you want to optimize or not.
- Battery Saver is now successfully setup and enabled. After setting up, even If you turned off this. The option will be automatically enabled, whenever your phone battery will down to 15% and it will start saving your phone battery.