As we know slowly We are going to Cashless Payment System. Cashless payment means we don’t need to carry cash in hand & can pay our expenses via digital money. And the government is also forcing to pay your payments via digital money using E-Payments, Debit and Credit cards, Net Banking and Digital wallet app. For making your digital payment easy there are many banks offer their own Digital wallet app. Such as ICICI Bank offers Pockets and SBI offers State Bank Buddy. But when it comes in popularity there are many third party Digital wallets apps available, in which first people use the PayTm app.
PayTm is major digital wallet app and most popular in India. With PayTm wallet you can expense/ shop upto Rs. 10000 (Now Government allowed Rs. 20000) without PAN OR Aadhar Card. If you add your PAN or Aadhar then the limit will be removed. You can Pay your Mobile, Datacard, Landline/Broadband, Electricity, DTH, Water, Gas, Metro, Insurance Bill. Along with this, you can book Bus Tickets, Hotels, Train Tickets, Amusement Parks, Events, Movie Tickets and Flight Tickets. And this is not limited to pay Bills and booking tickets only because PayTm also allows you to shop online and on small or Big shops.
But before to use PayTm Wallet app, you need to activate (register) PayTm account and also need to add fund to it. So here I’ll tell you how to activate and add fund to wallet using credit/debit card.
How to Activate/register PayTm Digital Wallet?
If you have recently installed PayTm app and thinking to activate it but don’t know how to activate and register PayTm account and the app. Then follow the steps below to register and activate the PayTm app.
- Start PayTm app in your Android or iPhone.
- After starting tap on Profile icon available at the bottom of the app. And in Profile tap on Login to Paytm option.
Now tap on Sign Up option from top right. You can also Sign in with Facebook and with Google+ profile but for this, you will need to allow profile access to Paytm app. So it is better to go to Sign Up option.
After tapping on Sign Up option. You’ll see Sign Up to Paytm form. Fill all information:
- Mobile Number: Enter a working mobile number. And also You’ll need to verify this mobile number. So keep the phone in your hand because you’ll receive OTP on this number.
- Email ID: Enter a working Email ID. This will help you to get important Updates of Paytm transaction and news.
- Password: Create a good password including letters Small and capital (AbCDe), numbers (123456789) and special characters (*.#@%&) eg: My*WoRld123. And also write this password on a paper and keep it in the safe place. This will help you when you forget it.
- After filling the information tap on Sign Up Button.
- Now you’ll receive an OTP (one-time password) code on your registered mobile number, which you have entered in PayTm app. If the entered number in your existing phone then the OTP will be automatically selected. If the mobile number is not in your current phone then you will need to enter received OTP manually. After entering tap on Done Button.
Now your Mobile number has been successfully verified on PayTm. And you’ll see Welcome! We would like to know more about you. Here enter your First name, Last name and select your Date of birth in the form of DD/MM/YY. Select your gender between Male or Female. And then click on Confirm Button.
That’s it, Now your PayTm account and PayTm app have been successfully activated.
How to Add fund to PayTm Digital Wallet?
To add fund (Money) in PayTm app. You’ll need to add Debit card/credit card in PayTm app. You can also add fund without saving your Debit card or Credit card information. But It is better to save your card in PayTm for faster payments. Follow the steps below:
- On main PayTm screen tap on Profile icon available at the bottom.
- In the Profile tap on Saved Cards option.
- Now in Saved Cards tap on Add Card button.
- On Next a small Saved Cards screen will appear and will ask you to add Rs. 1 to your wallet using your card. So simply tap on PROCEED.
- Complete Your Payment screen will appear. Here you can add Rs. 1 to your PayTm wallet using Debit Card and Credit card. But both processes are the same, So I’ll tell you how to add fund using Debit card.
Card No: Enter your Debit card number available on front side.
Month & Year: Select your Card Expiry month & year.
CVV: Enter here 3 digit CVV code which prints on back of card.
Save this card for future checkout: check this check box if you want to save this card in PayTm app for faster payments.
Pay now: Tap on the Pay now button to make Rs. 1 Payment to Paytm app.
- Now wait for few moments and the page will be redirected to your bank card verification page. On Bank card verification page you’ll need to enter OTP (One Time Password), which will be sent by Bank to your registered mobile number. So check SMS OTP (message) on your bank registered mobile number and fill 6 digit OTP code in PayTM app. In case you have enabled 3D secure PIN on your card then you’ll see your Bank 3D secure PIN password verification page and you need to enter 3 Secure PIN. After filling OTP or 3D secure PIN tap on Submit button.
- After submission, the page will be redirected to PayTm Order Summary page and you’ll see success message of Rs. 1 PayTM cash. And also will receive a debit card transaction SMS on your Registered mobile number and a transaction email from PayTm. And the card will be saved into PayTm for future transactions.
- You have been successfully added Rs. 1 fund to your PayTm wallet. And now when you need to add more fund then on PayTm home screen tap on Add Money option>> Fill necessary amount and tap on Add Money button. And follow the same steps as above described.
Any type of problem-related to the topic. Leave a reply.