Weather is an important aspect of this Earth. Human has to manage things according to the weather as it can’t change itself for us but we can. There are some occasions when outdoor meetings, sports events, picnics, wedding set up, party setups are managed under the sky. So in that case, a manager of the event has to consider all the significant factors to make it successful. And the weather is the main factor that can help you in favorable results. Well, with so advanced technology in meteorology, most of the weather forecasts are reliable than ever. Getting weather on your mobile phone is no more a dream, today with the advent of mobile computing, one can easily be updated with all weather forecast anywhere and anytime in the world.
So let’s check out the 10 best weather apps and weather widgets for Android phones.
10 best weather apps and weather widgets for Android phones.
- AccuWeather: It is an excellent application for android users, who wants to get updated with theweather It provides hourly, daily and 15-days weather forecast that can quickly be integrated with your calendar. AccuWeather is a fantastic app that forecasts the weather data for more than 3 million locations. It also pops alerts for incoming severe weather situations such as thunderstorms, snow, tornadoes or high winds. This app is completely free and is available on Google play store.
- 1Weather: It is the most popular & highest rated and beautifully designed weather application for Android phones. It brings you information on the hourly and daily basis. It provides a good package of features such as real-time local weather predictions, detailed radar maps, dangerous weather alerts with lunar phase indicator. It has social media integration too, that allows you to share the forecast data via email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, SMS etc. It has ‘DashClock’ integration feature that puts the weather onto your lock screen. It has daydream support, Android wear support and DashClock support.The 1weather app is present in 25 different languages. It charges $0.99 to remove the ads from the application to get full app experience.
- Eye in the Sky Weather: Eye in the Sky Weather app is made by CITC. This app has a flat matter design interface that looks perfectly cool. It has all the most basic features one weather app should have, displaying the current weather, forecasts with extended forecasts. Eye in the Sky app also has DashClock support. You can customize the weather app according to your needs. It’s easy, simple and quick to use. This app is also available in free but to remove the ads, you need to pay $2.06.
- The Weather Channel: The Weather Channel app is free with thead-supported feature. It is available for several operating systems including Android, iOS and Windows phones. Get a wealth of meteorological data on your phone that includes wind, temperature, visibility on hourly, daily basis. It also provides an interactive map displaying latest Doppler radar data to unveil rainfall and severe weather alerts. It has social sharing feature as well that allows users to upload photos and tweet the videos and images.
- Google Now: A reliable, very popular search engine named Google has its weather app also for Android phones. It gives you periodic weather updates, alerts. Google Now app is not only available for some operating system but for all and it is not a dedicated weather app, it has other features like showing heavy traffic jams, maps, latest news, weather updates etc.
- Go Weather: Go Weather is free to purchase and it is made by Go Launcher Ex for android phones. It ranks well among the most popular and successful apps. While talking about features, it provides forecasts, current weather, radar; it has asleek design, weather widgets, live theme options and a paid version of this app is also available. It shows detailed weather reports, checks humidity in the air, gives aview of Sunset and Sunrise, displays wind speed in a separate chart.It’s an average weather app.
- Weather Bug: Weather Bug is available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. It is a great free weather app that can be used to get accurate forecast data, alerts on dangerous weather and Lifestyle Forecasts, localized through the GPS. Some features including interactive maps live cameras across selected locations, visual forecasts along with social media integration for alerting people for dangerous weather. Features like Spark lightning proximity alerts are being added timely. You can download it from Google play store.
- Weather Underground: An application which relies upon a huge network of more than 30,000 personal & amateur weather stations is Weather Underground app that is made available for Android, iOS users in free. Some features that make it useful are crowd reporting, weather map, weather alerts, meteorological data in thenotification. What crowd reporting does is to allow the user to verify reported forecasts & user can also post their own sky and hazard reports on the application. The app free but if you want to ignore the unwanted ads then you will have to pay $1.00 per year to remove the advertisements from the app.
- Yahoo Weather: Yahoo Weather contains tons of information on weather forecast data such as temperature, snow, rain, severe weather alert. It gives are port on the hourly and daily basis. It’s a free weather application. It has been improving the app over the last years. It has a beautiful design and graphics with all necessary information, radars, alerts and much more. Track up to twenty cities with this app, upload and submit your weather images by posting them on Flicker with a hashtag #projectweather. It has all the features that on can look for.
- YoWindows Weather: YoWindow Weather app by RepkaSoft is a new weather application in the market. It has gained agood reputation in some time. It lets you scroll the weather with forecast animation. YoWindows Weather app is free of cost but to remove the advertisement from the application, one need to make the reasonable payment of $2.98. This app stands before Google Now but after The Weather Channel. Comparatively speaking, this app isn’t much powerful.
Weather forecasting is the application of technology to predict the present and next state of the atmosphere for a particular location. There are several applications that give you a complete detailed information on the condition of the sky, the wind, temperature etc. Prediction of forecasting through cloud patterns has gone. Today everyone can have the weather forecasting in their hands through weather apps.
There are several benefits of using weather forecasting information as most of the farmers rely on weather forecasts to cultivate the crops. Weather forecasting also helps in preventing and controlling the wildfires. Well, there is no doubt that we need forecasting in all industries, including aviation industry, marine forecast, agriculture, for forestry and much more.
Mahesh is the Editor of the tech blog TechLila. He has a great interest in Android and SEO. He is also an avid gamer and traveler.
- 6 Best Mobile Social Media Management Apps.
- 5 best Push notifications blocker apps.
- 5 Battery saving tips for Android Smartphone Users.